MotoMechanx is an online garage for all your vehicles. With MotoMechanx you can upload images and keep maintenance records, car part information and technical documents all in one place. You can even create professional, one-page slick sheets for car shows.
Our cloud-based technology makes it easy to build a profile for your car so you can access the important info anytime from any device, including your mobile phone, iPad, or home computer. MotoMechanx makes it easy to share your car, specs, stories and photos with other like-minded car enthusiasts. It's where you can go to ask questions while working on your repair and upgrade projects, or prove your status as a gearhead when you offer assistance to a fellow user with a question. MotoMechanx is your wheels in the cloud.
We're two software geeks who also happen to be huge into cars. Over the 10 years of our friendship, we've built spray booths, ridden bikes, created powerful software, changed spark plugs in 0 degree weather and dreamed of meshing our two favorite things: computer software and cars.
We built this site to provide the ultimate experience for like-minded MotoHeads. We're excited to dive further and further into the car and bike enthusiast rabbit hole, and let our expertise in the software business bring something meaningful and powerful to others that share our love of hitting the open road.
At MotoMechanx we've created a flexible, scalable and mobile architecture that affords our user community an easy to use and intuitive experience. The architecture is built on our own Athena Framework that integrates enabling technologies such as virtualization, cloud computing, web services, broadband, and multi-media video.
We are seamlessly integrated with Facebook, Twitter and Google+, and are accessible through:
- Web Browsers (Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox)
- Personal computers and laptops
- Smartphones (Windows, iPhones, Android)
- Tablets (Windows 8, iPads, Android)
All of this technology is offered up in a secure, transparent manner and because of the underlying architecture, we are able to easily embrace new technologies and consistently grow the user experience.
The Tech Stack
- SQL Azure Database
- 100% RESTful Web API's running on Windows Azure
- ASP.NET MVC 3 Website
- Azure Blob for document and image storage
- Athena Framework (our in house solution) for Logging, Messaging, Security, and misc Utilities
- jQuery and jQuery UI for client side scripting
- Stripe.com for credit card transactions
- SendGrid.com for our emailing system
- Twilio.com for our text messaging system
- Gravatar.com for member images
- jQuery Mobile for our Mobile Website
- Objective-C for our iPhone and iPad development
- Silverlight for Windows Phone and XBox 360 Development